Contact without consent results in a bad customer experience. We believe strongly in protecting your privacy.
We will not wilfully disclose information about you to any third party without first receiving your consent and we are working towards full compliance with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018 that will come into effect May 2018 .
- The types of information we collect
- How we use the information collected
- Automated processing of data
- With whom we share information
- The choices you have with your data
- How you can access, update, or delete your data
- How long we retain your information
- Children’s Personal Information
- Changes to this policy
- How to contact us
What type of information do we collect?
- On our website, we may ask for: first name, last name, company name, email address, postal address and phone number
- We also collect IP addresses which may be associated with previous actions you have taken on the site or forms you have submitted
How we use the information collected
- Information collected on the website is used for a variety of purposes including the marketing, development and promotion of our services. We may also use this information to monitor and analyse trends, usage, and activities in connection with the use of our site, our services and for marketing or advertising purposes.
- Information collected from customers is used for providing our services, promoting awareness of new products and services and other account management purposes pertaining to enquiries submitted via the website.
Automated processing of data
- We automatically collect certain information to track visitor activity on our websites. We use this information to improve the content of our sites as well as to provide visitors with a more relevant overall experience with our organisation and our site. This information may include information that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable individual, including: name, title, company name, job function, expertise, postal address, telephone number, or email address. We may also collect other information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an identifiable individual such as browser and device information, information collected through cookies, pixel tags, and other technologies, and demographic information.
- If you fill out a web form on our site, your information will be stored in our CRM system and some amount of your past browsing on our site may be available to us to determine your interests. We may use this information to more effectively engage with you and improve our site. However, if you use private browsing as described below, you may provide us your information without making your past browsing activity available to us. If you do not wish for us to have your personal information, please do not fill out any of the web forms on this site.
- If you provide your email address and consent for email marketing, some information is collected about when/if the email was opened and what links were clicked. This information is used to assess the engagement and success of an email campaign.
- Clicking on a link in any of these emails may cause you to be personally identified on our site and may cause some part of your past browsing history on our site to be available to our personnel so we may more effectively engage with you and improve our site. If you do not wish for this tracking to occur, you can unsubscribe from our mailings or use private browsing mode to avoid tracking.
- We never use visitor identification techniques that involve sharing information you provide us with other sites, or vice versa. We never store any information in your computer’s Flash local shared objects area (i.e., we never use what is known as ‘flash cookies’).
If you do not want this site to place a cookie on your browser and track your activity, you may leave the site or you may browse the site using privacy mode in your web browser. To learn how to use privacy mode, refer to the links below depending on the browser you use.
- InPrivate mode in Microsoft Edge
- Incognito mode in Google Chrome
- Private browsing mode in Mozilla FireFox
- Private browsing mode in Apple Safari
How do we share your information?
- Never with other websites (e.g. for the purpose of identifying you across unaffiliated websites)
- Never with anyone outside our parent organisation, Loughborough University
- As part of Loughborough University, our IT systems, websites and personnel system are managed securely by University colleagues. We also share essential data with University colleagues in order to deliver events hosted on campus eg. rooming lists, function sheets etc.
You may sometimes have the option to connect to various third-party platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. We cannot take responsibility for the content or privacy policies of any third-party platforms. We encourage you to carefully review the privacy policies of any of these platforms you access via our site or services.
What are your choices?
- Customers and prospects have the option to view, correct, delete, and receive a copy of the personal data that we gather and retain.
How to access and update personal information
- Customers and website visitors can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any requests to update and/or delete personal data
- You can also write to Imago Venues Sales Office, Loughborough University, Loughborough, Leicestershire, UK LE11 3TU.
How Long We Retain Your Personal Information
- You can exercise your right to be forgotten. In this instance, your name and email address will be stored and encrypted in our CRM system. This is so the system knows not to send you any further materials or correspondence and will flag that you have requested to be forgotten if staff attempt to create a new profile using that email address. Contact email@example.com if you wish to be forgotten.
Children’s Personal Information
- Our website is not intended for minors under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly or specifically collect information about minors under the age of 13. If you believe that we have mistakenly or unintentionally collected such information, please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we may delete the information from our servers.
Changes to This Policy
How to Contact Us
Or by mail:
Imago Venues Sales Office, Loughborough University, Loughborough, Leicestershire, UK LE11 3TU.